Dr. Rita's Blog
This is a quick reminder that July 15th is approaching fast.
That's when the next session of the Women's Leadership Cohort kicks off.
(Learn more about the Cohort here.)
The Cohort is custom designed for woman managers looking for the next step in their leadership development.
I had the pleasure of chatting last week with the women currently in the Cohort.
Here's what they enthusiastically said:
* My confidence has increased 10 fold.
* I don’t feel like I’m on an island alone any more. I don’t feel isolated. I have someone outside of work to talk to about the things I’m facing who understand and are facing similar issues.
* I am using every tool Rita is teaching us to delegate more, prioritize and build the business case to get more of the resources I need.
* The topics we discuss in the cohort always seem to be perfect timing for what I’m dealing with.
* I now have delegation and a structure for how to delegate in a way that works for me and my team.
* I asked for a promotion and I got it. Now I can do more and keep moving my career forward. I would not have asked nor gotten this promotion without the support of the Cohort.
* We bring real life scenarios here and we get advice from the perspective of how we can handle things from the strengths of women leaders.
* I’m much more confident in the decisions I’m making and I spend less time stressing about what to do.
* I’m the only female in my part of the organization. Having the support of the women in the cohort really helps with my confidence.
* I have access to an executive coach as well as women peers in roles like mine.
* My manager said his peers are noticing me as a stronger leader.
* I like learning from other women’s experiences. We have similar problems. I go back to work with new ideas and new ways to think.
* This is a place to bounce ideas off of my peers and an executive coach. I feel much more confident afterwards.
* Everyone struggles with accountability. In the cohort we take the time to focus on what matters and what is important.
* I’m much better at strategic thinking now. I learned how to do it in the cohort. I have tools that help.
* I used to be talked over in meetings. That doesn’t happen anymore. I know how to handle it now as a result of being in the cohort.
* The cohort has made a profound positive difference in how I lead.
* I learn much faster with the cohort than I do reading a book or learning online.
* I know how to make a business case now so I’m getting more of the resources I need faster. That’s helping me and my team be more successful.
* I can be totally honest and authentic here.
Their enthusiasm and passion for the Cohort is humbling. I'm honored to be helping them grow, gain more confidence, and learn how to chart their path forward.
If you are a woman manager who wants experiences like the women above are describing, go ahead and register for the Cohort here:
Seats are filling up.
Sometimes women hesitate to use training dollars for themselves. I guarantee you that the benefits you'll receive from being a part of the cohort will have a significant positive impact on your team as well as on yourself. It’s an investment well worth making.
If you are a leader with women managers on your team, be sure to share this development opportunity with them and encourage them to enroll.
For questions about the program, email me. I’m happy to chat with you.
Looking forward to seeing you or women managers from your team in July!
Rita Webster, Ph.D.
The Executive Coach for Women Leaders
Subscribe to Rita's Blog
Looking for a Leadership Coach?
Executive Coaching, Roundtables